- The November Box - "Feeling Fancy." The holidays are just around the corner—so it’s time to indulge and head into the most wonderful time of the year feeling your absolute best!
- Overall, I thought this was a good box of items that I would use, though not necessarily buy. I was excited by the PhD dry shampoo and was curious by Birchbox's new makeup brand, LOC. The box definitely had some highlights, and even the low points weren't too bad! I'd still use the sample, but not buy the full size! Total value of this box: $48.36!!
- Temple Spa La La Lagoon Aromatic Bath & Shower Gel; (25ml/0.84 fl oz; Value: $3.02)
- Product description: Our favorite getaway after a busy, jam-packed day? Our shower, of course. Infused with botanicals like mint, peppermint, and basil, this gel cleanser helps us soothe our daily stress while also softening and smoothing our skin. The pump-style bottle couldn’t be simpler, and we love the light, exotic fragrance that stays with us after we rub-a-dub.
- My review: It lathered really well and I liked the scent of the shower gel. I haven't tried it in the bath, but I'd imagine that mixed with a bath bomb or some salts, it'd make for a relaxing bath! Since I have soooo much bath products, I'd probably pass on buying the full size.
- MAKE Face Gloss: (3 ml/0.1 fl oz; Value: $6.25)
- Product description: Sometimes being plain fabulous can just be exhausting! But that doesn’t mean your face has to show it. That’s why we were thrilled when we discovered MAKE’s Face Gloss. Just a tiny touch of gloss along the bridge of your nose or dabbed on your cheekbones, and you’ll be getting your glow on in no time. With minimal effort, this colorless, vitamin-rich formula refreshes dull skin and gives you a dewy, healthy radiance.
- My review: I was a bit hesitant to try this but it worked really well! I tried it on top of moisturizer and a primer. It did give me a bit of color and kept me looking very natural! I'd be tempted to add the full size to my makeup collection. Hmm, when I tried it by itself, it did sit a bit sticky on my skin. I think it's better to layer ... I'll probably pass on a full size of this.
- Living proof.® Perfect hair Day™(PhD) dry shampoo: (92ml/1.8 oz; Value: $8.25)
- Product description: This dry shampoo actually cleans hair. How? Fast-acting powders soak up not only oil, but also sweat and odor. Then Living proof’s patented molecules allow for easy removal, so hair looks, feels, and smells cleaner. Save time, wash less, live more.
- My review: I've been curious about the PhD dry shampoo and was excited to see that it was being included in my Birchbox! It worked really well, no white residue and I really liked the scent. Between this one and the amika dry shampoo that came in last month's box, I prefer this one!
- Liz Earle Superskin™ Moisturizer with Natural Neroli (15ml/0.5 fl oz; value: $22.50)
- Product description: When our skin is dry, it feels like all of our complexion troubles are amplified in a major way. Hydration is the answer to most of our skincare woes, and that’s where this rich moisturizer comes in. It’s chocked-full of active ingredients that nourish and restore aging skin, including collagen-boosting pomegranate extract, borage oil to lock in moisture, omega-rich cranberry seed oil, and restorative neroli oil, which comes from fragrant orange blossoms. Bottom line: it’s finally time to say goodbye to dry.
- My review: This one moisturized fairly well; I've only used it twice. It definitely was a thick moisturizer, but didn't sit heavy on my skin. The only downside, to me, was that the scent was a bit too herbal/green. Luckily, the scent didn't stay long once it was applied. The full size is $72, so I might pass on buying this one!
- LOC One & Done Shadow Stick (Impress Me; 0.05 oz; Value: $8.34)
- Product description: It takes a lot to get us out of bed every morning (read: five cups of coffee), but this warm-toned shadow trio from Birchbox brand LOC makes us excited to start our day. Featuring bold, on-trend hues handpicked by YouTube beauty star Tati Westbrook, the set comes with On Point (a silvery taupe), Day Trip (a warm copper), and Impress Me (a deep rose gold), plus a sharpener. The paraben-free and cruelty-free shadow sticks can be worn individually or blended for a wide-awake look—no primer required. The best part? Each waterproof, creaseless color lasts up to 11 hours. Plus, everything in this collection from LOC (a Birchbox brand!) is budget-friendly because the products inside are the perfect compact size–ideal for keeping you chic through the season!
- My review: I got to pick the color for this one and I went "Impress Me" which is described as a deep rose gold. I also thought this shade was the darkest of the three choices. Because of my skin tone, it showed up a tad bit bronze, but was very subtle. This did not come with the sharpener, but I did get a full size. It applied very smoothly and almost creamy. I liked the concept, but the other colors offered right now would wash me out.
Sunday, November 15, 2015
Birchbox November 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment