- The October Box – “Positive Force.” Harness the power of beauty and inspire your confidence with this month's samples.
- I loved the bright fuschia pink box this month and actually liked everything in the box this month, which in the past was not the case! There was always something that I didn't like or had no need for. I was especially excited to get the amika dry shampoo in my box this month as I've been on the lookout for one. Total value of this box: $27.63
- EXO Supply Co. Pure Remover Wipes (2 wipes; Value: $2.40)
- Product description: Nothing kills our manicure game faster than a chipped nail. Polish chips are a fact of life, but with a few of these remover wipes packed in our bags, we don’t have to walk around with gnarly nails until the end of the day. The acetone-free remover is made of organic, plant-based ingredients and conditioning essential oils that don’t leave us feeling lightheaded like traditional removers. It’s safe on natural and acrylic nails, and even takes off most gel polishes. The best part? The gentle scent means no one has to know you’re taking off your nail polish at your desk.
- My review: It worked really well. I had red toenail polish with glitter that had been on my toes for a few months and long overdue to be removed. One wipe was able to remove all of the nail polish from both feet, albeit with a lot of scrubbing. It had a nice scent to it and this would be great to have for travel. It also comes in a few other scents too. I got lavender and thought that the scent was very light. These wipes surprised me the most out of everything in the box! I didn't expect it to work so well and really do like the convenience!
- Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream (5ml/0.2 fl oz; Value: $4.80)
- Product description: If you struggle with finicky skin, consider this a complexion cure-almost-all. Enhanced with a megadose of ceramides-the lipid molecules found lacking in severely dry skin—this derm-developed cream provides prescription-quality relief for eczema and redness, as well as for garden-variety (but still frustrating) dryness. The deceptively light formula replaces lost ceramides, boosting skin's natural ability to retain moisture, and a special blend of skin-repairing ingredients like folic acid prevents cell DNA damage and protect from pollution, UV exposure, and irritation.
- My review: I really liked this one. It is definitely not a lightweight moisturizer (hence, cream, I know). But it didn't sit too heavy on my face. The instructions said to use a nickel size amount to cover the face; I used a little bit less than that. It covered my face smoothly and evened out my complexion. I used this after I tried the Acure Organics Cell Stimulating Facial Mask, so my face feels really pampered and smooth. The cream doesn't make my face feel oily at all. It has a light pleasant scent to it, a fragrance that I can't exactly pinpoint. Overall, good product!
- amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo (0.75 oz/21.3 g; Value: $3.11)
- Product description: Think of this dry shampoo as a shot of espresso for your strands. The weightless spray absorbs excess oil and dirt, leaving locks clean and deodorized as well as lighter and softer. Made with antioxidant and fatty acid-rich obliphica oil, the formula simultaneously moisturizes and strengthens hair, repairs split ends, and enhances shine. Moreover, amika's dry shampoo relies on rice starch instead of aluminum shavings or talc, and it's safe for color-treated hair.
- My review: I loved the smell! I may have used too much when I sampled it as my brush picked up some when I was styling my hair. However, had it not been for the brush, I wouldn't have even noticed the extra dry shampoo. It worked well, soaked up the excess oil from my laziness of not washing my hair that morning. I really liked this item and had been eyeing a dry shampoo for a while! Thanks, Birchbox, for including one for me to try!
- W3LL PEOPLE Expressionist Mascara (estimate 0.11 oz; Value: $11.75)
- Product description: From splurging on extensions to stocking up on our favorite drugstore falsies, we go to great lengths to get the kind of lashes we wish we were born with. Now, thanks to W3LL PEOPLE’s all-natural, pro-grade formula, we can take our less-than-fluffy natural lashes to new extremes without subjecting them to harsh chemicals or dyes. The clump-resistant wand lifts and separates lashes, while the nutrient-rich formula coats them with a luxe, glossy black color.
- My review: I love mascara and this one is no exception! It has a plastic applicator that prevents too much mascara from coming out of the tube (and thus leading to clumps). The applicator worked great and provided great coverage without it being too thick or leading to clumps in some areas (as some other mascaras tend to do). The mascara felt featherlight and soft on my eyelashes. It made my lashes look more defined and definitely more of a natural look.
- Acure Organics Cell Stimulating Facial Mask (1 fl oz/30 ml; Value: $5.57)
- Product description: While we love our go-to facial wash, sometimes our skin needs a way deeper clean. Enter: this French green clay face mask, which sheds weekly dirt and grime buildup. Active stem cells and CGF (chlorella growth factor) revitalize skin cells—leaving a refreshing tingling feeling—while argan and seabuckthorn oils provide moisture and hydration.
- My review: This worked great! It took a bit of product to cover my face til I looked like the sea monster. I ended up leaving it on for nearly 20 minutes instead of the recommended 10 - 15 min (I had to walk the puppy!) It left my skin feeling really smooth, soft, and moisturized. My face even looked a little brighter too! The scent of the mask was fairly light and didn't bother me. We'll see how this holds up over time. Directions say to use 1 - 2 times a week. I'll keep it to a weekly regimen for now.
Friday, October 16, 2015
Birchbox October 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment