Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Birchbox September 2015


  • The September Birchbox “Better Together.” Five years ago, we started Birchbox because we believed in a better way to discover the best in beauty. Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts, for joining us on this amazing journey!

    • My review: I like the message of the box and the colors are pretty! Overall, I liked my September box. I most likely will use everything in the box eventually and picked up some things I wouldn't necessarily try on my own. Total value of the box this month is: $25.72.
    • Product description: This scent from fashion designer Catherine Malandrino hits all the right notes with a playful yet sophisticated oriental fragrance mixed with fun fruits (think: Italian Mandarin, ruby red grapefruit, and Nashi pear). The citrus top notes open up to aromas of lush orange blossom, sweet jasmine, and fresh gardenia. And then the fragrance rounds out with hints of amber and musk, leaving behind a lovely blend that captures a flirty but refined mood. Like her renowned, sought-after designs, it’s the perfect blend of chic Parisian style and the infectious energy of New York City.
    • My review: I liked the scent; I'm a huge fan of jasmine and didn't think it was overly floral. It was fairly light and after about 2 hours, it had almost disappeared. That could have been that I didn't exactly put a lot on. The sample came with a wand instead of a spray application and I just did one pass of the wand on my wrist. Tried again with more of it on, and the scent didn't last long. This would work well for a special evening out, but not as an all day office scent. While I liked it, I probably would not buy a full size bottle as the fragrance doesn't last that long for the price.
    • Product description: This triple-threat cleanser from (MALIN + GOETZ) dissolves dirt and oil, clears acne, and balances skin’s pH. The amino acid-based foaming gel taps naturally antibacterial grapefruit to prevent blemishes and exfoliate, while hydrating glycerin and sodium pca leave your complexion soft, not taut. It’s gentle enough for sensitive skin, and rinses away completely—no need for toner. (So...quintuple-threat?)
    • My review: It smells great!! It's more of a ruby red grapefruit smell which I love. I used a tiny little dot (maybe half a centimeter in diameter) and it lathered up really well! I didn't have to use more to be able to cover my entire face. I really felt like it took all the impurities off my face and left it clean, like the feeling you get after you've washed your face and used toner! I might be inclined to add this to my beauty stash once I've used up some of the other facial products I have.
    • Product description: Give your skin an ample dose of daily vitamins with this oil-free moisturizer. Its lightweight, antioxidant-rich formula has intensely hydrating properties and provides pH balance for all skin types, especially those with sensitive skin.
    • My review: I'm a bit picky with face moisturizer since I feel a lot are oily and feel heavy on my face. This one was very light, didn't leave a residue, and blended in very smoothly and easily. It wasn't overly fragrant. The best way for me to describe it is that it smelled clean. Only complaint I have is of the sample packaging. Instead of a container that can be resealed/closed, it's a packet that needs to be torn off. There's enough of a sample to easily last me a week, but I'll have to be careful not to have it accidentally leak out!
    • Product description: Everyone has that forward-looking friend who can push them to take a style leap. We feel that way about fashion designer Cynthia Rowley. These luxe, creamy liners deliver bold color that lasts and lasts, thanks to a smudge-proof formula. In on-trend shades like rose gold and shimmery brown, they're helping us push the beauty envelope—and the results are nothing short of eye-opening. Better yet, they're vegan, cruelty-free, and paraben-free.
    • My review: What's not to like, it's eyeliner; black goes with everything and bonus, it goes on very smoothly, practically glided on! I forgot that I had it on and rubbed my eye. Some smudged onto my hand, but there was no smudging on the eye! It's nice, but I wouldn't buy a full size one since I already have so much black eyeliner and I'm sure I wouldn't even use up this sample size before I'm supposed to throw it out. I do wish that the sample would have given a more fun color to play with ... 
    • Product description: There was a time when we were a bit skeptical about hair oil—the last thing we wanted was a greasy, weighed down ’do. These days, however, we can't imagine a haircare routine without it. This strand-saving elixir gives drab, dull hair a coveted movie star shine (plus a whole host of reparative benefits). Our oil-free days are officially over.
    • My review: It has a nice light scent to it, though nothing overpowering. It gave my hair some nice styling and didn't feel overly oily or greasy. It gave me good shine to my hair, as promised. If this keeps up, I'll be tempted to restock once the sample runs out!
    • Product description: If you’re wondering how often we’ll be reaching for this broad-spectrum sunscreen this summer, the answer is right there in its name. It’s rich in nourishing antioxidants to repair and nourish skin (while blocking UV rays to prevent further damage). The oil-free formula instantly absorbs into skin for breathable, nongreasy protection—making it ideal for times we’re planning to work up a sweat but light enough for daily wear. 
    • My review: It feels light; went on smoothly and moisturized quite nicely. It does have a slight sunblock scent to it, which I don't really want in a daily moisturizer with SPF. The SPF did its job and protected me from UVs this weekend. The sample will come in handy for traveling though! 

If you like what you see/read, feel free to also subscribe! My referral links are below.

No comments:

Post a Comment