Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Ipsy December 2015


  • The December Bag: "For You wuth Love from Ipsy"
    • A pretty solid bag. My preferences opted out of nail polishes so I was surprised to get one. Though not the end of the world, it's not something I needed, though I do appreciate branching out from OPI to another nice brand! The bag this month is a red patent quilted bag. Pretty cute and festive! Total value of this month's bag: $52.59.
  • Clark's Botanicals Deep Moisture Mask (0.5 oz; Value: $21.18)
    • Product description: This mask helps to revitalize environmentally stressed, dry complexions. With each use, skin is infused with hydration and begins to glow. Over time, the fine lines and creases become less visible. Instantly calms redness and softens skin with with Algae extract; Delivers potent antioxidant properties with Japanese Green Tea; Helps to balance stressed skin with Jasmine Absolute.
    • My review: Wow, this mask is no joke! It worked pretty well and gave my winter skin some much needed moisture and some smoothness. At the end of the day, my face still feels pretty moisturized. The sample is a good size and I think this will last me quite a while, especially if I only use it as a weekly mask.
  • Beau Gâchis® Paris Concealer Brush (0.3 oz; Value: $12)
    • Product description: This concealer brush is perfect for applying liquids and creams for a smoother, more flawless concealer application. It’s also ideal for covering scars and imperfections as well as meticulously camouflaging dark circles. It comes with a handcrafted brush that enables beautiful and easy makeup applications. Very thin tapered tip ensures accurate application and seamless results; Firm yet soft synthetic fibers bundled closely together; Eco friendly matt black wooden handles.
    • My review: Pretty nice, supple brush. The brush feels pretty sturdy and the fibers felt soft. I have a few concealer brushes, so didn't really need this, but there might be an old brush I can toss out to make room for this one. It's a full size concealer brush.
  • Pacifica Power Of Love Natural Lipstick (0.07 oz; Value: $10)
    • Product description: Amazingly creamy, highly-pigmented, and naturally moisturizing – this lipstick is packed with all the vitamins and antioxidants your lips crave. Made with coconut oil, shea butter, and vitamin E. 100% Vegan & Cruelty-Free. Moisturizing and creamy. Highly pigmented color. Packed with vitamins and antioxidants. ipsters who receive this product in their Glam Bag will receive the shade Nudie Red, Sweet One, or Tender Heart.
    • My review: I received this in (full size!!!) Tender Heart, which is a natural brownish pink shade. It went on very smooth and light, not too sticky. Lasted quite a while. I've got a couple other lipsticks in this shade, especially thebalm liquid lipstick that I like much better. If not for that, I would have rated this one higher. It's not bad, it's actually pretty nice. But it's not thebalm!
  • BeFine Exfoliating Cleanser (with Brown Sugar) (1 oz; Value: $6)
    • Product description: Exfoliating Cleanser, with brown sugar, sweet almond & oats. Brown Sugar removes impurities and environmental pollutants. Ginger Root Extract detoxifies and rejuvenates the skin for a healthy glow. Sweet Almond Oil helps skin maintain optimal moisture balance. Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil provides natural anti-bacteria and antioxidant protection. Orange Oil soothes and heals the skin.
    •  My review:  I like the scent. It's very light and doesn't linger too long on the skin. Scrub is pretty nice, though I felt like it was kind of on the lighter side. Overall, not bad!
  • FORMULA X Nail Polish in Revved Up (0.13 oz; Value: $3.41)
    • Product description: Turn up the glam with this ravishing rose gold metallic. See the classic shade revolutionized by intense color and lasting shine with Formula X’s No Compromise formula. Intense color saturation. Brilliant shine. Three-free formula.
    •  My review: Revved Up is a rose gold metallic, very festive. So my preferences say, NO nail polish, so I'm not sure why this got into my bag. It's not bad. Application was fairly easy, even on the right hand which usually looks horrible when I apply using my left hand. I already have this shade in an OPI polish, but the brand is pretty nice and looks like they have a ton of other cool colors. 


No comments:

Post a Comment