Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Ipsy January 2016



  • January Bag: "All Eyes on Me"
    • An okay bag. My favorite item probably was the colorful bag that the samples were delivered in. I'm using it to hold some art supplies. I did like most of the products, but felt like my bag this month was primarily one color -- brown/bronze. It would have been nice to get some color variation (with the exception of the brow pencil) to make my eyes pop. Total value of this month's bag: $72.41
  • OFRA Cosmetics Universal Eyebrow Pencil (0.04 oz; Value: $13)
    • Product description: OFRA’S Universal Eyebrow Pencil is the perfect solution for your eyebrows as this product is suitable for all skin tones. The more you apply the brow pencil the darker the color will get! It will also hold stray eyebrow hairs in place. This product can also double as an eyeliner or lip liner pencil!
    • My review: It's okay. I already have a Stila eyebrow pencil that I LOVE, so this one didn't really stand a chance. Part of the pencil chipped off when pressure was applied. It's also a shade off from my black brows so I'd have to apply a bit, with pressure, to get it dark enough to look natural.
  • theBalm Cosmetics Mr. Write (Now) (0.01 oz; Value: $17)
    • Product description: We have a Mr. Write (Now) for every day of the week... and then some! Meet this new collection of attractive eyeliners that are truly easy on the eyes. These pencils deliver the long-lasting color you've been looking for, and have built-in sharpeners so they are always ready when you are. With high payoff, eight wearable shades, and a satin smooth texture, we understand why your eyes wander- but rest assured, your eyeliner won't!
    • My review: My bag came with the bronze eyeliner. I liked the product, but wished that I had gotten the other color choice, a purple color. That would have looked nice with my brown eyes. I already have one or a few eyeliners in this color. This does glide on smoothly and resists some smudging. If only it wasn't another brown color.
  • Mitchell and Peach English Leaf Body Cream (1.01 fl oz; Value: $8.61)
    • Product description: This indulgent body cream contains Vitamin E, shea & cocoa butter and organic English honey to soften, nourish and protect your skin. It rubs in and absorbs easily, without the stickiness. It is delicately scented with the lush, aromatic English Leaf fragrance, it's a classical ‘green floral’ with an English twist.
    • My review: I do like the scent of this a lot. It's a very light floral that isn't overly sweet. I've also used it as hand cream and the scent doesn't last too long. So using it as a body cream then adding on deodorant and perfume wouldn't be too overwhelming. This is a British product and the link on Ipsy takes you to a UK site. The value is an approximate based on the current GBP to USD conversion.
  • Hikari Cosmetics Cream Metallic Pigment Shadow (0.14 oz; Value: $13)
    • Product description: Bring elegance to your fingertips with this cream-to-powder eyeshadow. The color is highly pigmented and stays true to color all day long. It has a super lightweight feel and goes on extra smooth. ipsters who sample Cream Metallic Pigment Shadow will receive the shade Mink.
    • My review: There really isn't anything wrong with this product, except that 1) I had already received a bronze eyeshadow previously and 2) I have a ton of other eyeshadows in this color (admittedly as part of a set). It went on fairly light and does have a shimmer to it. The packaging is really nice and I'd probably use it for travel when I want a bronze eyeshadow but want to travel light(er).
  • tréStiQue Mini Concealer Crayon in Bisque (0.02 oz; Value: $20.80)
    • Product description: A confidence boosting concealer for all your touch up needs. Glides on with smooth, light feel and leaves a luminous natural finish. Everything you need to cover, conceal and correct your minor imperfections. Infused with Coconut Oil known for complete hydration.
    • My review: I liked this one. It matched my skin tone pretty well. The sample is a good size so between this one and the few I already have, I don't think I'll need to buy a full size (though the only difference between sample and full size is that the full size comes with a concealer blender integrated into the concealer stick).

No comments:

Post a Comment